PEBA or Pinoy Expat/OFW Blog Awards and Ateneo Center for Social Entrepreneurship or ACSent under Ateneo School of Government is pleased to announce its 7th Social Entrepreneurship Training Program for Professionals every Saturday from 20 November 2010 to 26 March 2011, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm at the Social Development Complex (SDC) Foyer Hall, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
The good thing about this is that one returning OFW can avail of this amazing scholarship program sponsored by Ateneo Center for Social Entrepreneurship through Mr. Harvey Keh, Director of Youth Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship at the Ateneo School of Government. Mr. Keh when asked what Social Entrepreneurship means "Social entrepreneurship is finding innovative means and ways of solving social problems. Social problems in education, in health, environment; we want the young people not only to become young leaders but also social entrepreneurship."
Through lectures, discussions, and case studies of actual social enterprises, this program will introduce the concept of social entrepreneurship as innovative means to solve social problems using entrepreneurial skills.
The program helps to develop new and innovative social enterprise business plans to help young leaders towards making a positive contribution in our society. Moreover, the program will also help young leaders in developing ways by which young leaders can earn profit while at the same time uplift the lives of the marginalized sectors of our country. Mentoring sessions with social enterprise experts will also be afforded as an opportunity to further improve young leaders social enterprise business plan.
The main faculty member for this program will be Atty. Arnel Casanova, a Mason Fellow at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
The Program fee is only P18, 000.00 inclusive of a book on social entrepreneurship (HOW TO CHANGE THE WORLD by David Bornstein), class materials, and a certificate of completion but it's already waived exclusive for PEBA which means it's FREE! Yes, you read it right, it's a scholarship program by PEBA and Ateneo School of Government.
If you are a returning OFW with the following qualifications, you can be a PEBA and Ateneo Graduate School Scholar:
- Must be a returning OFW (of not more than 2 years from working abroad, send scanned copy of Passport with visa and date of entry to Philippines)
- between 21-35 years old.
- Willing to take an important position with PEBA Inc. as a volunteer for 5 years and sign a Contract of Agreement.
- Has occupied leadership position in his/her community, work place, business, etc.
- Has a good moral character.
- With above average communication skills.
- Must submit a 150-300 words essay on "Why should PEBA choose me to be a scholar of PEBA-Ateneo School of Government ACSEnt?"
- Must be a blogger of at least 1 year or at least active in social networking for more than 2 years.
Send detailed Resume, 2x2 ID and essay on or before Nov. 10, 2010 to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
©2010 Pinoy Expats/OFW Blog Awards