OFW and Expats homecoming or popularly called "BalikBayan" is a not just a classical journey of an OFW to his hometown but rather it is a homecoming beyond emotions. For every returning "Balikbayan Pinoy" is a fulfillment of his promise that he will return to his family and native land filled with stories of success from his battles overseas. For each homecoming, the nation benefits from each balikabayan family gatherings as they fill the super malls, fine restaurants, resorts and theme parks with each spendings promote tourism, investments and creates job opportunities to our kababayan in the Philippines.
Thus, the PEBA 2011 Organizing Committee has conceptualized this year's theme "Pagbabalikbayan Tungo sa Pagkakaisa at Kaunlaran" which aims to raise the conciousness not only of our Pinoy OFWs and Expats, but the entire Filipino people all over the world that Balikbayan is not just as poignant voyage and reunion of flesh and blood but it is a renewal of love; brings new hopes; drives tourism & investments and raises the spirit of nationalism.
PEBA also pins its hopes through the power of blogs to institute change in the Government policy that will provide a real and effective program with a clear implementing guidelines that will benefit our OFW kababayans on the reintegration of our distressed OFWs and the influx of thousands of OFWs from Iraq and Afghanistan that will be coming home full of uncertainties as they will soon be joining the oceans of unemployed souls in our country.
Compose a brief, catchy slogan or tagline to popularize PEBA 2011 theme concept on "Coming Home Towards Solidarity and Progress" ("Pagbabalikbayan Tungo Pagkakaisa at Kaunlaran")
Entries are now accepted to the Slogan/Tagline competition. These must capture and convey the theme of "Pagbabalikbayan Tungo Pagkakaisa at Kaunlaran" ("Coming Home Towards Solidarity and Progress")
1. Who May Join: All Kablogs members (OFW Bloggers and Non-OFW Supporters) either currently residing in or outside the Philippine Archipelago that displays the Kablogs banner/logo on his sidebar. New bloggers must display the Kablogs Logo/Banner in their blogsite sidebars to automatically qualify them in this contest.
2. The slogan must be in both English and Filipino (conversely translated) with a short explanation
3. How to Join: Entry and accompanying explanation must be posted in the comment box below.
4. The slogan must convey its message based on its relevance to the PEBA 2011 concept and to revolve on the recommended words/tagline as follows:
OFW, BALIKBAYAN, HOME COMING, COMINGHOME, VACATION, FAMILY, NATION, HOPE, PROGRESS, REUNION, INVESTMENT, TOURISM.
However, it does not require that entries to literally adopt or use these tag words in the slogan making but rather to serve as word references only.
5. There is no limit to the number of entries that a blogger can submit.
6. Participating bloggers who has posted their entries on the comment box must ensure that they have properly linked their blogsite accordingly for verification requirement on Step 1.
7. Please make sure that the slogans/taglines is not more than 80 characters long (including spaces and functuation marks) on each language slogan.
example: Filipinos Abroad - Hope of the Nation, Gift to the World (56 characters)
Pinoy Expats/OFW – Pag-asa ng Bayan, Handog sa Mundo (52 characters)
8. There will only be one winner. If there will be a duplication on entries received (two identical entries send by two different persons), it shall be credited to the participant who has posted the earlier entry.
9. The winner will win prizes of a gift packs of Smart Plug and Talk and Books and Tote Bag from Book Divas.
10. Criteria for judging: relevance to the theme, clarity and impact as a slogan, catchiness and originality. The Board of Judges will be composed of the PEBA Core Group.
11. The deadline of posting entries will be at midnight of February 21, 2011 (Manila time).
12. Winner will be announced on March 01, 2011.
What are you waiting for? Let us join now and may this Season serve as a reunion of bloggers across the globe - let the PEBA 2011 opening countdown begins.
©2010 Pinoy Expats/OFW Blog Awards